Basic Cardiac Rhythm Interpretation (EKG or ECG)
This is a 3-credit hour course presented by the UIW Online at the University of the Incarnate Word. Coursework is completely online.
After successful completion of this Basic EKG interpretation course, a student would be eligible to sit for the Cardiac Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) certification exam and be better prepared to compete for an entry-level healthcare career!
1 course + 1 certification exam =
1 entry-level healthcare career*
Classes are enrolling now for 8-week terms.
Apply today and get started!
- Prepare students for an entry-level healthcare career as a ECG telemetry technician.
- Prepare students to successfully complete the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Certified Rhythm Analysis Technician (CRAT) exam
Students Who Would Benefit
- Professionals who utilize specialized monitoring equipment to analyze cardiac rhythms or ECGs.
- Healthcare professionals seeking additional certifications for career advancement.
- Students who wish to sit for the CCI exam prior to graduation to begin a healthcare career in interpreting an ECG now.
- Active duty military and veterans looking for transferable skills in the civilian community.
*Passing scores in the course and certificate exam do not guarantee employment.